tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:19:13 GMT
On 22.06.2010 16:18, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Thanks Pid.  That is what I'm working on right now.  I am in the middle of the Decoder
part of the code again.

> My apologies to this list as I understood I could get that directly from the ISAPI filter
as it would decrypt it for me, which it does per the ISAPI log, and then pass it on to me
via the HttpServletRequest getRemoteUser() which it does not do.

It does, but I expect something in your application stack to overwrite
or delete it again.

If you want to find out what happens, you need to get into a more simple
test situation, like deploying a trivial app (e.g. the default Tomcat
ROOT context), and simply add a JSP or servlet there that shows you the
request.getRemoteUser(). I expect that to work. Then the question why it
doesn't work in your app is up to your application and framework code.

Regards,

Rainer