tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:32:35 GMT
On 22/06/2010 14:10, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Question.  I never setup a custom Tomcat REALM and wondered if that is required by this
ISAPI filter as another user at JavaRanch explained the following to me:
> 
> You'd have to provide the user principals and roles via a Tomcat Realm in order for getRemoteUser
to work. Filters, IIS authenthicators - none of them setup the J2EE security context of which
getUserPrincipal and getRemoteUser are parts.

Your filter might.  I don't know how it works or what it does though.
Do you?


p

> How do I do that for this ISAPI filter setup if that is indeed true?
> 
> Thanks.  
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Savoy, Melinda 
> Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:59 AM
> To: 'Tomcat Users List'; 'pid@pidster.com'
> Subject: RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
> 
> We have a custom filter that we're using because after we get the request and response
info then I need to use the user value info and get the user also authenticated against a
legacy system.
> 
> But right now I have that commented out in my web.xml so that I can go directly to a
test index.jsp page and verify that the getRemoteUser() is acquiring the user info from ISAPI
but ISAPI is not providing that info to me via this method.  I'm not sure, again, why it shows
the info in the log but I cannot get to it directly.  I'm not sure how Ranier was able to
get to it as he stated awhile back.
> 
> Thanks again. 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com] 
> Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:53 AM
> To: 'Tomcat Users List'
> Subject: Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
> 
> On 22/06/2010 13:36, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
>> Thanks Pid, I did do that as well, but I did not see the user value there either.
 
>>
>> Here is what I got when I did issue the getHeaderNames() and as you can see the authorization
shows the encrypted NTLM value but it is not decrypted and I cannot get to the info though
the ISAPI log shows the decrypted value which I cannot get to:
>>
>> === MimeHeaders ===
>> accept = */*
>> accept-language = en-us
>> connection = Keep-Alive
>> host = localhost
>> user-agent = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; 
>> Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 
>> 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; 
>> MS-RTC LM 8; MS-RTC EA 2) cookie = 
>> JSESSIONID=969AE176A965514B845A6E3A9E83A21E
>> authorization = NTLM 
>> TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAA
>> AAAABIAAAABcKIogUBKAoAAAAP
>> accept-encoding = gzip, deflate
>> content-length = 0
>>
>> I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.  Again, any help is appreciated.
> 
> What do you have defined in web.xml for security-config etc?
> 
> 
> p
> 
> 
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
>> Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:11 AM
>> To: Tomcat Users List
>> Subject: Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI 
>> Filter for authentication
>>
>> On 22/06/2010 13:05, Marc Boorshtein wrote:
>>> I haven't tried this with IIS, but we had quite the discussion on 
>>> this last week with Apache & tomcat with JK.  In your server.xml file 
>>> add tomcatAuthentication="false" to the AJP connector object.  If you 
>>> look in the archives of this list for JK_REMOTE_USER there is a very 
>>> interesting discussion on the topic.
>>
>> Also, you could iterate through the headers in request.getHeaderNames() to see what's
being passed across to Tomcat.
>>
>>
>> p
>>
>>
>>> Marc
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the
information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original
message from your system.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
> 
> 
> 
> The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.



Mime
View raw message