tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:15:58 GMT
On 22.06.2010 14:16, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Thanks Marc.  I actually have that setting in my server.xml file as well.
>
> Actually I did follow your post last week thinking that would help me but the ISAPI filter
is working properly as indicated in my log and IIS has authenticated the info otherwise, at
least it is my understanding and my experience for the last month in trying to get the ISAPI
config and IIS setup properly, that the request info in the isapi log would NOT be populated
at all.  But now that it is, it appears that I cannot get to the request info by using the
getRemoteUser() method which I understood from Ranier and Andre that I could use to get the
user value that I need to complete authentication in my code.

> It just seems that the ISAPI filter is NOT working properly.  Andre or Ranier, if you
guys are out there, your response would be appreciated.

I thought you already managed to have a situation, where getRemoteUser()
returned something meaningful. So what's the difference to the situation
now?

Regards,

Rainer