tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:49:08 GMT
On 22/06/2010 13:36, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Thanks Pid, I did do that as well, but I did not see the user value there either.
>
> Here is what I got when I did issue the getHeaderNames() and as you can see the authorization
shows the encrypted NTLM value but it is not decrypted and I cannot get to the info though
the ISAPI log shows the decrypted value which I cannot get to:

> === MimeHeaders ===
> accept = */*
> accept-language = en-us
> connection = Keep-Alive
> host = localhost
> user-agent = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR
1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152;
.NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8; MS-RTC EA 2)
> cookie = JSESSIONID=969AE176A965514B845A6E3A9E83A21E
> authorization = NTLM TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAABcKIogUBKAoAAAAP

The authorization should be base64, (if memory serves), you could decode
it and see what it's passing.  Tomcat has some base64 code which you can
probably find & use to decode it.

(At least until someone who knows more about ISAPI turns up.)