tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: adding hosts to server.xml
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:46:03 GMT
jbuy@rogers.com wrote:
> i have configured iis7 to work in front of tomcat6 with the isapi
> redirector. Now, i can see a servlet("my-servlet") i've made under
> http://localhost/my-servlet. How do i get it to work for my own
> domain("www.mywebsite.com"), ie. www.mywebsite.com/my-servlet ? I've
> read the docs and tried adding a new host parameter for tomcat's
> server.xml file, and have tinkered around with workers.properties and
> uriworkermap.properties files with no luck.
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about doing this?
>
> Simply, i have http://localhost/<my-servlet> working, how do i get
>  www.mywebsite.com/<my-servlet> to work as well?

In all likelihood, your problem is due to Name Resolution, not to Tomcat.

with http://localhost/my-servlet).
On the workstation where you call up the browser, find the "hosts" file (normally in
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc), edit it with notepad and add a line :
w.x.y.z www.mywebsite.com
where w.x.y.z is the IP address of the IIS server machine.
(If all of this is on the same machine, then use 127.0.0.1 for this IP address)

Close the browser, re-open it, and try http://www.mywebsite.com/my-servlet