tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: adding hosts to server.xml
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:46:03 GMT wrote:
> i have configured iis7 to work in front of tomcat6 with the isapi
> redirector. Now, i can see a servlet("my-servlet") i've made under
> http://localhost/my-servlet. How do i get it to work for my own
> domain(""), ie. ? I've
> read the docs and tried adding a new host parameter for tomcat's
> server.xml file, and have tinkered around with and
> files with no luck.
> I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about doing this?
> Simply, i have http://localhost/<my-servlet> working, how do i get
><my-servlet> to work as well?
In all likelihood, your problem is due to Name Resolution, not to Tomcat.

with http://localhost/my-servlet).
On the workstation where you call up the browser, find the "hosts" file (normally in
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc), edit it with notepad and add a line :
where w.x.y.z is the IP address of the IIS server machine.
(If all of this is on the same machine, then use for this IP address)

Close the browser, re-open it, and try

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message