tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Setting JK_REMOTE_USER help
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:05:33 GMT
Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> All,
> I'm trying to setup apache in front of tomcat and have apache do the
> authentication for access and pass the user's context back to tomcat.
> I've seen documentation that says that I should set the JK_REMOTE_USER
> environment variable but it doesn't seem to be working.

You should not need to do that, it should be automatic.
Just make sure that in the Tomcat <Connector> for AJP (in server.xml), you set the attribute

If the request is authenticated by Apache, mod_jk will (always) pass it internally to
Tomcat, along with the request.  If the above attribute is set, then Tomcat will also
"believe" this user-id, and not try itself to authenticate the user.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message