tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: RewriteRule rewrites, but mod_jk persists with old URI
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:08:15 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 15.06.2010 16:13, Tobias Crefeld wrote:
>> Am Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:04:01 +0200
>> schrieb André Warnier<>:
>>> In other words, it appears to receive the URI "/mir/search.jsp", try
>>> to map it to a worker, succeed, but then forwarding the request to
>>> Tomcat as "/jsp/search.jsp" anyway (which was the original URL, not
>>> the rewritten one). This "/jsp/search.jsp" is indeed not found by
>>> Tomcat (because in Tomcat it is "/mir/search.jsp"), and I receive in
>>> return a 404 error page from Tomcat.
>> I'm not quite sure whether I have understood your problem but maybe
>> this additional setting (after JkMount) helps:
>>    JkOptions     +ForwardURIProxy
> Right, the Forward* JkOptions are the key here. There have been various
> attempts during the lifetime of mod_jk to try getting this right, so
> there are various possible options. Finally because of security
> problems, ForwardURIProxy was introduced in 1.2.24 and made the new
> default.
> explains the options and also the limitations with respect to
> mod_rewrite. There's also a short note at
> It is possible, that you have explicitely configure
> ForwardURICompatUnparsed, i.e. please forward the original URI without
> any interpretation, decoding etc. Since decoding cannot be undone, this
> means any rewriting by mod_rewrite is not respected. This option was
> only default at the exact version 1.2.23 but it existed as an option in
> 1.2.18.
Thanks to both for your suggestions and explanations.
The version of mod_jk on that system is 1.2.18, and
I have not any of the JKOptions Forward* configured in my setup, which is just this :

JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/
JkLogFile /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug

Anyway, adding
JkOptions +ForwardURICompat
works !

(which is strange, because the docs says it should be the default before 1.2.22)

Now I'll see if I can get a more recent mod_jk as a Debian package, and else I'll see if I

can make one myself, so that I can use the latest default ForwardURIProxy.

I also did not understand the reason why in the docs it says "This is .. not safe if you
are using prefix JkMount."
Anyone care to elaborate ?

I am not using "prefix JkMount" specifically, but I am using
<Location "/mir">
   SetHandler jakarta-servlet
Does this un-safeness apply in that case also ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message