tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: RewriteRule rewrites, but mod_jk persists with old URI
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:41:47 GMT
On 15.06.2010 16:13, Tobias Crefeld wrote:
> Am Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:04:01 +0200
> schrieb André Warnier<aw@ice-sa.com>:
>
>> In other words, it appears to receive the URI "/mir/search.jsp", try
>> to map it to a worker, succeed, but then forwarding the request to
>> Tomcat as "/jsp/search.jsp" anyway (which was the original URL, not
>> the rewritten one). This "/jsp/search.jsp" is indeed not found by
>> Tomcat (because in Tomcat it is "/mir/search.jsp"), and I receive in
>> return a 404 error page from Tomcat.
>
> I'm not quite sure whether I have understood your problem but maybe
> this additional setting (after JkMount) helps:
>
>    JkOptions     +ForwardURIProxy

Right, the Forward* JkOptions are the key here. There have been various
attempts during the lifetime of mod_jk to try getting this right, so
there are various possible options. Finally because of security
problems, ForwardURIProxy was introduced in 1.2.24 and made the new default.

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html#Forwarding

explains the options and also the limitations with respect to
mod_rewrite. There's also a short note at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html#URL%20Encoding

It is possible, that you have explicitely configure
ForwardURICompatUnparsed, i.e. please forward the original URI without
any interpretation, decoding etc. Since decoding cannot be undone, this
means any rewriting by mod_rewrite is not respected. This option was
only default at the exact version 1.2.23 but it existed as an option in
1.2.18.

Regards,

Rainer