tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hibernate not finding global resource datasource defined by tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 06:31:19 GMT
On 15/06/2010 02:21, Mark Eggers wrote:
> Sure, I can make an attempt at it. I'd like to finish the wiki entry first. What I'm
writing though will have to be drastically shortened for the documentation page I think.

> I just ran into a bit of a puzzle though. I was trying to unravel what happens when you
put everything into server.xml and use a CombinedRealm. Under Linux, I had to add a ResourceLink
element to my context.xml in order to use the sub-Realm.

> I can understand that I need a ResourceLink when I put the Resource in GlobalNamingResources
and the Realm in context.xml, but I was rather surprised that I needed the ResourceLink when
both are in server.xml.

> I'll see if I can reproduce this on Windows/XP (make sure I've done everything in a reasonable
order).

> If that is indeed the case, can someone explain:
>
> 1. Context.xml - everything
>     no ResourceLink needed (obviously)
> 2. Context.xml - Realm, server.xml Resource in GlobalNamingResources
>     ResourceLink needed (obviously)
> 3. Server.xml - CombinedRealm, Resource in GlobalNamingResources
>     ResourceLink needed (??)

Should be no. If not, it is a bug.

Mark