tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <>
Subject Re: HyperLink Office connection
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:51:56 GMT
On 09/06/2010 20:21, antonio giulio wrote:
> When u click on the link a browser is open (my deafult browser is
> firefox but with IE is the same)
> Basically it looks at me this:
> the browser starts one session and so tomcat generate a jsessionid-cookie
> Word (Office) open a parallel connection with the same server, so
> tomcat create a new jsessionid.

Can you confirm what happens when you click the URL in Word?

Is it as Chris/Chuck asked opening in an embedded browser in Word, or
does it launch a new tab/window in the default OS web browser?

> more info here
> the application is "confused" cos it looks like 2 sessions are
> generated for the same request and "delete" the cached value session.
> I need to "join" the 2 jsessionid basically to be only one session
> for Microsoft the SingleSignOn process is not the right way
> communicate with "Office"
> Julio
> On 9 June 2010 19:30, Caldarale, Charles R <> wrote:
>>> From: Christopher Schultz []
>>> Subject: Re: HyperLink Office connection
>>> Or do you mean that Word has some kind of embedded web
>>> browser (almost certainly MSIE).
>> Yes, MS Office products have done this for ages.  IE is a just a rendering engine
that can be invoked by pretty much any program to display HTML in any window the program provides.
 I think it's running as a separate child process rather than in-process, but I'm not positive
about that.
>>  - Chuck
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.