tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: HyperLink Office connection
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:32:46 GMT
Pid wrote:
> On 09/06/2010 15:49, antonio giulio wrote:
>> Ok finally I got access to tweak apache, and after different tests it
>> doesn't look be the cause.
>> So I ask you, does it exist a way to force tomcat working with the
>> same JSESSIONID generated for the client session?
>
> I'm not sure this is anything to do with Tomcat.
>
> The logs before showed the "CONNECT" method being used for the broken
> connection, probably indicating that a proxy was in use.
>
> If the proxy doesn't pass the cookie, then you'll get the login form.
>
> The source of the problem seems to be the browser (or whatever client
> you're using) here, not Tomcat.  No amount of fiddling with Tomcat will
> get you what you want if the client isn't playing ball.
>

> Can you explain in detail what occurs when a user clicks the link in the
> Word doc?  Are they already logged into the app?

Let me guess :
The user connects to the website with a browser, and logs in to some
application.  They then search and get a link to some Word document,
which they click.  The Word document is downloaded, and opened on their
workstation, by MS-Word.
The Word document contains a URL link, to the same website.

Now the OP would like that when this user clicks on the link, they
obtain this new (protected) resource, by virtue of having already
logged-in to the website in the browser before.

Is that the correct scenario ?