tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: HyperLink Office connection
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:12:32 GMT
On 08/06/2010 20:27, antongiulio05@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a webapp (Spring+Hibernate) running on Tomcat 5.5.15. Tomcat is configured for
Single-Sign-On and it works fine with the login system of the application (typical login/password).

You should really make a plan to upgrade Tomcat promptly, that version
is seriously old and there have been another 14 version releases since
then, with many bug and security fixes.

file (Microsoft Office 2003/2007 - more info here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899927).
> Basically when the link requires a protected page, normally the user is redirected to
the login page and, after a successful login, the page should be displayed. But it happens
only if the user Copy&Paste the link on the browser URL bar. Instead, if he clicks on
the Word file after the login, he is redirected to the default home page.

> I debugged the application, browser cookies and http sessions and it looks like another
session is created:

> 1) when the link is sent ("200") to the application
> 2) it returns "302" http status and JSESSIONID (strangely this value is always the same)
> 2) Word requires connection again ("200")
> 3) A new JSESSIONID cookie is created differently from the 1) and returns "200"
>
> the changed session of course cause of the application fails the redirection after login.
>
> How can I configure Tomcat to make it work with this kind of connection and keeping on
work with the usual login via browser?