tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Question to post to the list
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:01:40 GMT
On 09/06/2010 07:56, Fiona Duncan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping that someone may be able to help me.
>
> I want to write my tomcat logs to a different directory.
> I thought i could change
>
> log4j.appender.R.File=$\{catalina.home\}/logs/tomcat.log to something like log4j.appender.ROLLINGFILE.File=$\{logs\}/stdout.log
>
> in my C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\Dekho\WEB-INF\classes\resources
logging.properties file but had no luck with this.

> Does anyone have any ideas

So you're using Tomcat 6.0.something, and Windows something, and a JVM
version +1.5 of some sort.  << (Hints for next time)

You can define CATALINA_HOME (Tomcat installation) and CATALINA_BASE
(apps, logs & config) to be in separate locations.

This is often used to run multiple instances from the same binaries, but
also helps moves logs out of Programs Files on Windows and makes
upgrades incredibly easy.

Examine "RUNNING.txt" in the Tomcat installation directory and look for
"Advanced Configuration".

> Level 1, 414 Kent St
> Sydney NSW 2000
>
> http://www.esriaustralia.com.au
> Freecall 1800 447 111
>
> Putting knowledge into place(tm)
> This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by return email, do not use
or disclose the contents and delete the message and any attachments from your system. The
contents of this message does not necessarily represent the opinions of ESRI Australia. ESRI
Australia does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage that may result from reliance
on, or the use of, the information contained in this e-mail and any attachments.