tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Otmar Manuela <ot...@caribmedia.com>
Subject What is the difference between ${param.P} and <%= request.getParameter("P") %>?
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 18:06:15 GMT
Hi,

I have a contact page, which contains a struts form.  However, on that
page, when trying to read the URL parameters, I get a zero instead of
the parameter value, unless I use <%= request.getParameter() %>.

Example:

URL loading the contact form page:
http://www.somedomain.com/contact.do?itemCode=ABC

Contact Form Page:

The paragraph in the Contact Form page above shows "Please send me info
regarding 0".  If I change ${param.itemCode} with <%=
request.getParameter("itemCode") %>, I get "Please send me info
regarding ABC", which is what I want to show.
This is the first time I encountered this issue.  Normally both would
return the same thing.

Any idea what is happening?  I'm trying to avoid the "<%=   %>" syntax
as much as possible.

Thanks,

Otmar