tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: R: Re: R: Re: intermittent SocketException on startup tomcat 5.5.28 and under JBOSS 4.2.3GA
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:16:30 GMT
agonat@libero.it wrote:
> Sorry
> i have never  used a Valve Component
> i will use this component in production enviroment. so  i don't want have a
> trouble.
> Can you give me a little example of configuration of Valve Component fom my
> (unique) application SIT under C:\tomcat5\webapps\SIT

Then read the documentation page that pid already pointed you to.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html

I think it should already be in your server.xml, just commented out,
like this :

         <!--
                  directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                  pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
         -->

Just remove the comment signs around it.