tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sandro Gallo <sandro.gallo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error on startup catalina
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 21:57:57 GMT
Sorry,
I forgot a bit 'of informations.

TOMCAT version: 6.0.26.

java -version
java version "1.6.0_17"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04-248)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01-101, mixed mode)
The version of Java is already on Mac.

I installed Tomcat by following this step:
1. download from site,
2. create folder /Library/Tomcat,
3. untar file in this new folder,
4. create simbolic link from /Library/Tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.26  to
/Library/Tomcat/Home,
5. create env variables CATALINA_HOME, JAVA_HOME.

All files in CATALINA_HOME/bin have exec permission.
I start Tomcat from startup.sh

I also tried with version 5.5, deleting everything and starting over
again, and then again to 6.0: in all cases, Tomcat will not start.

Thank you very much.