tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramin <jeff.ra...@singlewire.com>
Subject Re: possible to define/deploy a context but not start it?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 16:58:38 GMT
On 06/02/2010 11:54 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> I do not know what are those "the WebModule beans" that you mentioned
> and how they do work, are deployed etc.

The WebModule stuff is available through jconsole when an app has been
deployed.
They can be used to start/stop a web app. However, they don't exist
unless the app
has been deployed. Unfortunately, deploying implies starting, which I
don't want.
> If the only thing that you need is that the incoming requests are not
> serviced but are replied with error 503 (as Tomcat 5.5 does) or error
> 404 (as Tomcat 6 does), you can write a Filter that replies with
> response.sendError()  until it is switched into pass-through state
> with a JMX call or by other means.

Thanks for the idea, but our webapp must not run at all. It does some things
upon initialization that I need to prevent from happening, which is why
it must
not be started.

--
Jeff Ramin