tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Ramin <>
Subject Re: possible to define/deploy a context but not start it?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:30:03 GMT
>> From: Jeff Ramin []
>> Subject: Re: possible to define/deploy a context but not start it?
>> Yes, I've done this. However, I don't see a way to deploy/start my app.
>> If I start jconsole when starting tomcat like this, the WebModule beans
>> I would use to deploy/start my app are not present.
> That MBean doesn't get created until an app is deployed.  Instead, you should be able
to use the Catalina/Deployer MBean (but I haven't gotten it to work yet).
This would be an acceptable solution. However, like you experienced, the
deployer mBean doesn't
seem to deploy my app.

>    As a workaround, you could use the HTTP text interface to the manager webapp.
I'm trying to avoid running the manager webapp, if at all possible.

Jeff Ramin
Software Engineer
Singlewire Software
2601 W Beltline Hwy #510