tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Savoy, Melinda" <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject RE: Question on JAR in Tomcat\lib directory
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:34:42 GMT
I have no idea what happened, but I got my problem resolved.  I have no idea whether it was
an Eclipse issue or a Tomcat issue.  All I did was copy the JAR again to the Tomcat\lib directory
and bounced Eclipse and then I saw the updated code.

At any rate, thanks anyway and sorry I posted before do that again today.

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Savoy, Melinda
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:57 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Question on JAR in Tomcat\lib directory

In Eclipse I have a project where in the build path under the Libraries tab there is listed
Apache Tomcat v6.0 [Apache Tomcat v6.0] because in the Tomcat\lib  directory there are a number
of jars that pertain to this project. I have updated one of the jars in this library. However,
when I'm using the debugger in Eclipse and I reference the compiled class in this jar it does
not show the updated class where I added 4 lines of code and that I exported out to this jar.
I have verified that the jar that I exported to this directory contains the updated class
in the jar but again, the debugger appears to show a non-updated class from somewhere else.

Does Tomcat cache in some way files in the lib directory?

Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Melinda Savoy
Sr. Programmer Analyst, ERP Systems
Innovative Technology Solutions
Texas Health Resources
600 E. Lamar Blvd, Ste 301, Arlington TX  76011
MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org<mailto:MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org>

Texas Health Resources: Arlington Memorial,
Harris Methodist and Presbyterian Hospitals
A shared mission and now a shared name.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.