tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Savoy, Melinda" <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject Does Tomcat cache pages it's executing?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:03:10 GMT
I have some weird behavior going on, I think with my Tomcat 6.0.18 server in Eclipse.

In my dynamic web project in Eclipse I had created a test index.jsp (TESTindex.jsp) page and
had the original index.jsp page in the same web content folder. I was renaming these accordingly
to TESTindex and index.jsp while testing. I completed testing and deleted the TESTindex.jsp
page but when I run my app the deleted TESTindex.jsp page is still showing up as my index.jsp
page.

I did a SEARCH on my C: for the specific text in the TESTindex.jsp page but search did not
find anything. Is there somewhere in Tomcat that is holding that TESTindex.jsp page as my
index.jsp page? Is there a cache in Tomcat that I can clear out or something like that?

This is driving me crazy. I have my original index.jsp in my project currently that I'm needing
my web app to execute but it still goes to this TESTindex.jsp page as my index.jsp page. I've
removed and added the project to Tomcat in the Servers tab in Eclipse and I've rebooted Tomcat
several times but to no avail.

Any suggestions or direction here would be appreciated.

Melinda Savoy
Sr. Programmer Analyst, ERP Systems
Innovative Technology Solutions
Texas Health Resources
600 E. Lamar Blvd, Ste 301, Arlington TX  76011
MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org<mailto:MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org>

Texas Health Resources: Arlington Memorial,
Harris Methodist and Presbyterian Hospitals
A shared mission and now a shared name.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.