tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Savoy, Melinda" <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:49:39 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication

On 23/06/2010 10:45, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 23.06.2010 09:51, Pid wrote:

>>> The log file of the ISAPI redirector she presented already contains
>>> a dump of the AJP packet the redirector is going to send out. The
>>> dump shows the correct user string contained in the packet.
>>>
>>> I've got no idea what's wrong here.
>>
>> Would you expect the user value normally to be set as another
>> (REMOTE_USER type) header by ISAPI?
>
> No, it gets send as an AJP specific request attribute that the AJP
> connectors know about. It's not an HTTP header.

OK, and I'm guessing that if there was a way to get the AJP connector to dump those attributes
you'd have said so by now.

> Regards,
>
> Rainer

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.