tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Savoy, Melinda" <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:07:06 GMT
Sorry, Marc.  I'm have no idea what a wireshark packet capture is?  I've only worked with the
Fiddler Http Proxy Debugger tool to view what is coming over on the browser.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Boorshtein [mailto:mboorshtein@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication

> Unless you are going to authenticate via one of Tomcat's authentication methods; BASIC,
FORM, etc, then getRemoteUser() is going to return null.

> You'll need to add a security constraint, login-config and security-role to your web.xml
to test getRemoteUser(); in just Tomcat.

This shouldn't be the case since she put tomcatAuthentication="false"
tomcat should be taking the username from the JK_REMOTE_USER
attribute.

Have you tried a wireshark packet capture?

Marc

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.