tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Savoy, Melinda" <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:37:27 GMT
Question.  As my code is currently blowing up when I setup the Base64Decoder in my constructor
I'm getting an error immediately, at any rate I'm working thru that, but will this DECODE
method show me the USERID that I'm looking for?

That is what I'm needing.  Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terence M. Bandoian [mailto:terence@tmbsw.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:40 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication

Hi, Melinda-

As Pid suggested, the first part of that string after NTLM in the
authorization header decodes in base64 to 'NTLMSSP'.

-Terence Bandoian

Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Thanks Pid, I did do that as well, but I did not see the user value there either.
>
> Here is what I got when I did issue the getHeaderNames() and as you can see the authorization
shows the encrypted NTLM value but it is not decrypted and I cannot get to the info though
the ISAPI log shows the decrypted value which I cannot get to:

> = MimeHeaders ===
> accept =/*
> accept-language =n-us
> connection =eep-Alive
> host =ocalhost
> user-agent =ozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322;
.NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;
MS-RTC LM 8; MS-RTC EA 2)
> cookie =SESSIONID-9AE176A965514B845A6E3A9E83A21E
> authorization =TLM TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAABcKIogUBKAoAAAAP
> accept-encoding =zip, deflate
> content-length =
>
> I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.  Again, any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.