tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Savoy, Melinda" <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:16:27 GMT
Thanks Marc.  I actually have that setting in my server.xml file as well.

Actually I did follow your post last week thinking that would help me but the ISAPI filter
is working properly as indicated in my log and IIS has authenticated the info otherwise, at
least it is my understanding and my experience for the last month in trying to get the ISAPI
config and IIS setup properly, that the request info in the isapi log would NOT be populated
at all.  But now that it is, it appears that I cannot get to the request info by using the
getRemoteUser() method which I understood from Ranier and Andre that I could use to get the
user value that I need to complete authentication in my code.

It just seems that the ISAPI filter is NOT working properly.  Andre or Ranier, if you guys
are out there, your response would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Boorshtein [mailto:mboorshtein@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:06 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication

I haven't tried this with IIS, but we had quite the discussion on this
last week with Apache & tomcat with JK.  In your server.xml file add
tomcatAuthentication="false" to the AJP connector object.  If you look
in the archives of this list for JK_REMOTE_USER there is a very
interesting discussion on the topic.

Marc

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.