tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: hibernate not finding global resource datasource defined by tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 01:21:34 GMT
Sure, I can make an attempt at it. I'd like to finish the wiki entry first. What I'm writing
though will have to be drastically shortened for the documentation page I think.

I just ran into a bit of a puzzle though. I was trying to unravel what happens when you put
everything into server.xml and use a CombinedRealm. Under Linux, I had to add a ResourceLink
element to my context.xml in order to use the sub-Realm.

I can understand that I need a ResourceLink when I put the Resource in GlobalNamingResources
and the Realm in context.xml, but I was rather surprised that I needed the ResourceLink when
both are in server.xml.

I'll see if I can reproduce this on Windows/XP (make sure I've done everything in a reasonable
order).

If that is indeed the case, can someone explain:

1. Context.xml - everything
   no ResourceLink needed (obviously)
2. Context.xml - Realm, server.xml Resource in GlobalNamingResources
   ResourceLink needed (obviously)
3. Server.xml - CombinedRealm, Resource in GlobalNamingResources
   ResourceLink needed (??)

thanks for clearing things up . . . .

/mde/