tomcat-users mailing list archives

From j...@rogers.com
Subject Re: adding hosts to server.xml
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:09:41 GMT
hi andre
thanks for the reply
i found the hosts file where you
said it would be and made the according changes
im still getting a
404 error, but now it is an IIS error page.
I tried removing the
hosts parameter for the website in server.xml, and also putting it back,
 but i get the same error page.
Do you have any other suggestions on
this?
i'm new to tomcat configuration files
thanks

--- On Wed, 6/16/10, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

From: André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com>
Subject: Re: adding hosts to server.xml
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 3:46 PM

jbuy@rogers.com wrote:
> i have configured iis7 to work in front of tomcat6 with the isapi redirector. Now, i
can see a servlet("my-servlet") i've made under http://localhost/my-servlet. How do i get
it to work for my own domain("www.mywebsite.com"), ie. www.mywebsite.com/my-servlet ? I've
read the docs and tried adding a new host parameter for tomcat's server.xml file, and have
tinkered around with workers.properties and uriworkermap.properties files with no luck.

> I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about doing this?
>
> Simply, i have http://localhost/<my-servlet> working, how do i get
>  www.mywebsite.com/<my-servlet> to work as well?

In all likelihood, your problem is due to Name Resolution, not to Tomcat.
with http://localhost/my-servlet).
On the workstation where you call up the browser, find the "hosts" file (normally in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc),
edit it with notepad and add a line :
w.x.y.z www.mywebsite.com
where w.x.y.z is the IP address of the IIS server machine.
(If all of this is on the same machine, then use 127.0.0.1 for this IP address)

Close the browser, re-open it, and try http://www.mywebsite.com/my-servlet