tomcat-users mailing list archives

From j...@rogers.com
Subject adding servlet to existing website through iis7 and tomcat6
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:04:04 GMT
Hi,
Im using apache tomcat 6.0.18, and have configured it successfully with IIS7.  I am able
to view the Tomcat examples through both localhost and localhost:8080. I am also able to view
servlets that I have deployed into the tomcat webapps folder through localhost and localhost:8080.
This is all under the "Default Web Site" of IIS7.
I'm having trouble viewing servlets i've made through an existing website?
I've tried adding a virtual directory to my website, like I did for "Default web site" to
my tomcat conf directory, and added the according ISAPI redirectors. All i get is a 404 file
not found error.
If i make a html file, say "test.html", inside the \conf folder, i can get to it through:
 http://<my website address>/<virtual directory name>/test.html
I'm not sure if im going about this properly, or if iis is having trouble accessing the redirector.
How do i go about doing this?
any help is greatly appreciated,
thanks,
JB