tomcat-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Servlet mapping issue
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:29:40 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.26.  I'm having an issue mapping a url-pattern to a
servlet and was wondering if you can see what I'm doing wrong.  In my
WEB-INF/web.xml I have

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>MusicVenueServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/play/music/venues/*</url-pattern>

<url-pattern>/play/music/includes/venue-listing</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

But visiting the URL

http://mydomain.com/context-path/play/music/includes/venue-listing.jsp?id=3&type=venues

gives a 404.  Oddly, if I change the above to

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>MusicVenueServlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/play/music/venues/*</url-pattern>
                <url-pattern>/play/music/includes/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

everything maps fine.  But I don't want to map everything in that directory,
only a single file.  Any ideas?

Thanks - Dave