tomcat-users mailing list archives

From marble4u <marco.blev...@energy4u.org>
Subject Re: Resource Annotation has no effect but JNDI Lookup works (JDBC Resource)
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:13:49 GMT

Thank you, that helped a lot! I am new to j2ee... I have a lot of application
logic that will be used without representation as a jsp or a servlet:

objects that extend TimerTask and register at a timer objekt. they execute
code which accesses a database (importer classes that collect data from
different sources and write it to a database once or twice a day).

is that even possible with tomcat/j2ee? do i have to use beans for that
which use the resource annotation? i could easily do it with swing etc...
but i am asked to deploy it on an apache tomcat server with a web interface
(which show the tasks that will be executed). that's why i need the db
access. it would be nice if someone could lead me into the right direction -
just a rough outline - there is a lot information about standard use cases
(displaying webpages, guestbooks, etc...), but i think this is something a
little more special. thanks in advance!