tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Pid *" <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: R: RE: Re: intermittent SocketException on startup tomcat 5.5.28 and under JBOSS 4.2.3GA
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 07:23:21 GMT
On 5 Jun 2010, at 04:33, "agonat@libero.it" <agonat@libero.it> wrote:

> Hi
>    I m very tired because the intermittent socket close exception
> reappear.
>
>    We now use tomcat 5.5.28 on win2003 ED SO and jdk 1.6.16.
>    The error that occours is:
>
>    4-giu-2010 7.48.35

What is the above? It doesn't look familiar to me.

Can you refresh our memories and please post the current server.xml
(comments removed)?


p

> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint acceptSocket
> GRAVE: Endpoint ServerSocket
> [addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
> ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket closed
> java.net.SocketException: socket closed
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Unknown Source)
>    at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket
> (DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:61)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket
> (PoolTcpEndpoint.
> java:408)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
> (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:71)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
> (ThreadPool.
> java:689)
>    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> 4-giu-2010 7.48.56 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> AVVERTENZA: Reinitializing ServerSocket
> 4-giu-2010 8.04.39 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> GRAVE: Endpoint ServerSocket
> [addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
> ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket closed
> java.net.SocketException: socket closed
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Unknown Source)
>    at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket
> (DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:61)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket
> (PoolTcpEndpoint.
> java:408)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
> (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:71)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
> (ThreadPool.
> java:689)
>    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> 4-giu-2010 8.05.00 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> AVVERTENZA: Reinitializing ServerSocket
> 4-giu-2010 8.05.00 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> GRAVE: Endpoint ServerSocket
> [addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
> ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket closed
> java.net.SocketException: socket closed
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Unknown Source)
>    at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Unknown Source)
>    at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket
> (DefaultServerSocketFactory.java:61)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket
> (PoolTcpEndpoint.
> java:408)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
> (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:71)
>    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run
> (ThreadPool.
> java:689)
>    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> 4-giu-2010 8.05.21 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> AVVERTENZA: Reinitializing ServerSocket
> 4-giu-2010 8.06.55 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint
> acceptSocket
> GRAVE: Endpoint ServerSocket
> [addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080]
> ignored exception: java.net.SocketException: socket closed
> java.net.SocketException: socket closed
>    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method) .....
>
>    This error slow down the application.
>
>    we don't have  firewall, pool of tcp connection seem correct, the
> processor
> and memory usage are normal (10% CPU and 50% RAM).
>
>
> How can  i investigte who cuse the problem?  Jconsole observe memory
> but seem
> not tcp connection.
>    How can i understand why i have close socket?
>    whath are flakey router error?
>    How can i understand if i have saturate the connection on SO?
>
>    Thank for all suggest
>    Best regards
>    Agostino
>
>
>
>
>> ----Messaggio originale----
>> Da: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
>> Data: 24/05/2010 15.38
>> A: "Tomcat Users List"<users@tomcat.apache.org>, "agonat@libero.it"
> <agonat@libero.it>
>> Ogg: RE: Re: intermittent SocketException on startup tomcat 5.5.28
>> and under
> JBOSS 4.2.3GA
>>
>>> From: agonat@libero.it [mailto:agonat@libero.it]
>>> Subject: R: Re: intermittent SocketException on startup tomcat
>>> 5.5.28
>>> and under JBOSS 4.2.3GA
>>>
>>> ERROR [org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint]
>>> Socket accept failed
>>> java.net.SocketException: socket closed
>>
>> This isn't really a problem with the Tomcat server - it usually
>> means the
> client terminated the connection attempt before the socket on the
> server end
> could be created.  If this is happening persistently, then something
> in between
> the client and Tomcat (e.g., a firewall or flakey router) is
> dropping the
> connection before it can be fully established.  There's also a
> possibility that
> Windows is reaching some resource limit and preventing creation of
> the server
> end of the connection.
>>
>> - Chuck
>>
>>
>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
>> PROPRIETARY
> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you
> received
> this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its
> attachments from all computers.
>>
>>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message