tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 1destroy...@gmx.de
Subject Unable to start Tomcat 6 on Windows Server 2003
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 08:00:17 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem starting a TomCat on a Windows 2003 Server:

Java Version installed: 1.6.0_11   JRE & JDK
Tomcat Version used for tests: 6.0.16 & 6.0.26

First i installed the Tomcat.exe on the server -> Tomcat do not start

Failure in Log:
[error] FindClass org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap failed [error] Failed loading main
org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap class C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\bin\bootstrap.jar [error] ServiceStart returned 3

Then i downloaded the tomcat.zip and made tests through a command box:
The Tomcat do not start with „catalina.bat run“ in the box is written that he can not
find "Class org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory"...
The file is definitly there...

I installed a Test VM and adapt the configuration 100% with double check from a colleague:
Tomcat is running.

The server on which it is not running is in a domain. The Test VM is a standalone server.

-> Suggestion: There are policies that are preventing the Tomcat to start... Question now:
Which one can this be?

Do any one of you any Policies in a windows domain that prevent a Tomcat to start with such
errors?

Many thanks in advance, destroyer