tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paweł Zuzelski...@xatka.net>
Subject Re: Two applications, one in a sub folder - Urgent help needed
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 09:26:40 GMT
No, it is not „Urgent” for anyone but you. If you one it to be
urgent for anyone else, pay for it :)

> Dear friends,
> I have a website in Struts 1.2 and i want to install another Struts
> application made by me, in a subfolder of the website. I don't know will
> this work,
> Both are struts 1.2 applications.
> I am using apache 2.x and  Tomcat 5, on Cpanel , linux centos 5.5.

I would define context of these applications explicite in Catalina
config. I mean:

unpack your war files into some directories, let say:
   /usr/local/share/app1
   /usr/local/share/app2

then create files

(home_of_your_tomcat_installation)/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/app.xml
(home_of_your_tomcat_installation)/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/app#subapp.xml

app.xml should be something like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/app" docBase="/usr/local/share/app1" privileged="false" allowLinking="true">
</Context>

app#subapp.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/app/subapp" docBase="/usr/local/share/app2" privileged="false" allowLinking="true">
</Context>

Note that “path” attribute must match xml context file name (note:
'/' becomes '#' in filename)

Hope it helps.

> I think one of the possible sol might be mapping the location tag in
> httpd.conf to diff webapp , i dont know how to do so.

IMO it's better to configure it at tomcat level.

--
Regards,
Paweł Zuzelski