tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject APR usage question regarding multi-core and mutliple virtual hosts...
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:58:59 GMT
Hi All,

I noticed using Firefox with a plugin yslow that it recommends using only 4 virtual hosts
instead of the 16 I have for serving images. I am using a 6 core system and want to make sure
I take advantage of it using Apache APR so I setup more than 4 virtual hosts.

I am using multiple virtual hosts for serving images since I heard that can improve user response
time where they have browsers with 4 or more concurrent connections supported. I have a screenshots
page where I have 24 thumbnails being loaded into the browser and I am trying to tune APR
for the best user response time.

So any best practice for this you all would recommend?

Thanks,
-Tony