tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page!
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:10:42 GMT
I had that happen periodically for years with my version of TC 4.1.31.

With some folks, we could get it to go away, by cleaning out browser cache. With others, it
was the same people that incurred it all the time. They could access "other" protected areas,
but not the one.
I ended up making a duplicate non-protected piece for them. For me it wasn't a big deal, because
they already were -- in a sense -- in a protected piece to begin with. But it would have been
better if it'd worked.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gheorghe Pucea [mailto:george.pucea@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 9:30 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page!

Hello,

 I have a problem with my Tomcat instance, I'm using:

Tomcat 6.0.26
Java jdk 1.5.0_17
Windows XP SP3

   I have implemented a JAAS login module for my application and everything goes fine except
from one thing.

Here are the steps that I am doing:

1)Request a protected resource  -> the login form show's up and I enter my username and
password
2) I get into the application and everything looks fine but when I get back to the login page
and enter my username/password again I get the message:
(If I refresh the login page immediately when I hit the logout button everything goes weel)
HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page
------------------------------

*type* Status report

*message* *Invalid direct reference to form login page*

*description* *The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid direct
reference to form login page)*

*
*

*