tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Saurabh Agrawal" <saurabh.agra...@criticalpath.net>
Subject RE: Cannot configure apache-log4j-extras-1.0 with apache-log4j-1?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 05:23:17 GMT
Hi Pid and Chris,

Thanks for your response.

I've tried registering myself to log4j mailing list, but remote MTA is giving some error and
subscription is failing to validate.

Chris,

Please refer first line in following API doc, you will find that two problems are reported
in it and option suggested us TimeBasedRollingPolicy.

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/DailyRollingFileAppender.html

"DailyRollingFileAppender has been observed to exhibit synchronization issues and data loss............."

Pid,

>> Copied apache-log4j-extras-1.0.jar in ~/WEB-INF/lib directory, where my old log4j
is present.

I've put both Jars in <TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/cp/WEB-INF/lib/ directory. Restarting tomcat
(catalina.out) shows that it has picked up both the JAR files, still it is saying that "Failing
to load class.......".

This confirms that above path "<TOMCAT_HOME>/webapps/cp/WEB-INF/lib/" is set in PATH
variable.

Thanks,
Saurabh Agrawal