tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luís de Sousa <luis.a.de.so...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat can't find Java Beans
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 16:22:04 GMT
On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

> Martin who?  If it was Martin Gainty, be very wary - this is another example of needing
to take all of his suggestions with large chunks of salt.  There doesn't seem to be any point
in having this directory.  Any suggestions received off-list should be treated with suspicion,
since the sender isn't willing to make them public.

It was him. Message understood.

> This thread has gone on for a bit, so can you refresh our memories about what URL you
are using, and show us the WEB-INF/web.xml for the webapp of interest - as well as fixing
the name of the bean to conform to the spec, as Pid already noted.

I'm using this address:

http://localhost:8080/test/greeter.html

Which correctly loads the greeter.html file, the exception pops up
when I click the submit button.

Since the tutorial didn't instruct to that end I didn't create an
web.xml file. I have now created one (listed below) but the the effect
is none.

Thanks,

Luís

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd">
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>
            30
        </session-timeout>
    </session-config>
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>greeter.html</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>
    </web-app>