tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luís de Sousa <>
Subject Re: Tomcat can't find Java Beans
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 16:45:56 GMT
On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Pid <> wrote:
> So you've got a mix of ownerships there.
> You installed Tomcat as 'root', but are now running it as 'tomcat6'?
> Make sure the whole tomcat installation is owned by the tomcat6 user, if
> that's what you're using to start Tomcat.

Ok, I don't have such user in my system. I installed Tomcat with the
good old "sudo apt-get install", all configs where made automatically
by synaptic (or whomever).

> N.B. Starting Tomcat under the root user is bad.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Can you please suggest how should I set
permissions on Tomcat's files? Create the tomcat user or assign it to
mine? Is there a guide I could follow?

> You can delete the default_root directory that Martin suggested you
> create, and also the matching xml file above, which will stop the error.

Ok. Thanks for your patience.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message