tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Honey Bajaj <hbaj...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: Jmxproxy issue
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 11:49:45 GMT

Thanks again for responding, both the servers have exactly similar following configuration,
and I am able to execute /jmxproxy/?qry=java.lang:type=OperatingSystem query successfully
on one (i.e. getting the output) and for the other server the search string returns OK - Number
of results: 0

Apache Tomcat/5.5.9
1.6.0_06-b02
OS Version - 2.6.9-67.ELsmp

I have also checked server.xml files and they are exactly similar.
Any pointers on which configuration to look for.

Thanks,
Honey

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 4:31 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Jmxproxy issue

2010/5/14 Pid <pid@pidster.com>:
> On 14/05/2010 10:59, Honey Bajaj wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have enabled manager application on tomcat 5.5.9 added the required context and
security options.
>> I am able to logon to the manager application both the status and jmxproxy are accessible
but jmxproxy didn't contain any details related to java.lang:type (such as
> java.lang:type=GarbageCollector,name=Copy=GarbageCollector,name=Copy or
> java.lang:type=OperatingSystem)

FYI:
/jmxproxy/?qry=java.lang:type=OperatingSystem
does work in pristine installation built from the current 6.0.x
sources as of now, but does not in the current 5.5.x,
both running with Sun JDK 6u20.

I think it might be related to the following changelog entry of Tomcat
6 (in version 6.0.21):
"Tomcat now uses the Platform MBean server by default" (...)

"6.0.21" means that it is included in 6.0.24 and later releases. The
above was not
backported to 5.5 branch.

Maybe there is some configuration that will allow seeing the above in
5.5, but I doubt that there is. Also check, what JRE versions your
servers are using.

In any case, as Pid already said, you should consider upgrading.

> Tomcat 5.5.9 is really old (released 14 Oct 2005) - that's 35 internet
> years using the Standard Internet Time Notation.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko