tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: JMX and Tomcat-Queue
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 13:55:00 GMT
> From: Baba [mailto:baba.th@googlemail.com]
> Subject: Re: JMX and Tomcat-Queue
>
> Is there no way to get this information (How much requests are in the
> accept queue?) out?

No, the accept queue is completely invisible.  Only the comm stack knows anything about it,
and there are no APIs I'm aware of to queue the contents - because the content hasn't been
received yet, only the connection request.

I think the only way to do what you want is to increase the maxThreads value, set acceptCount
to something very small, and run a filter against each incoming request to see if you want
to process it immediately, queue it for later, or reject it.

Sounds like a whole lot more trouble than it's worth - I see no benefit to doing any of this.
  Much simpler just to size your server to the maximum load you want to handle.

 - Chuck