tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Woude, Alexander van der" <alexander.vander.wo...@capgemini.com>
Subject C3p0 datasource
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 12:03:15 GMT
Hello guys,

I have some trouble in getting c3p0 ComboPooledDataSource working in Tomcat 6.0.26.

I have the following config in my server.xml:

<GlobalNamingResources>

    <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
         UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->

    <Resource name="jdbc/servicesds" auth="Container"
                maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
                username="****r" password="****" driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
                url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@//****:1521/development"
                type="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
	        factory="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DataSources"
        	minPoolSize="50"
        	maxPoolSize="150"
		timeout="250"
        	maxStatements="100"
		acquireRetryAttempts="4"
		acquireIncrement="1"
    />
</GlobalNamingResources>

During startup of the server things already go wrong.
In the http://localhost:8080/manager/resources I get an error.

the error is :
FAIL - Encountered exception javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory
instance
[Root exception is java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory

can not access a member of class com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DataSources with modifiers "private"]

Any ideas?

Regards
Alexander

of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof.
If you receive this message