tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Question on workers.properties file
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 20:49:59 GMT
Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Andre,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I was finally able to get my the LOG file created.  I had NOT
setup my virtual website, SCMIS, in addition to the JAKARTA virtual website in IIS and consequently
I kept using Tomcat to authenticate instead of using IIS to do so and it was never hitting
my website

> I think it has something to do with the settings in my IIS setting.  I still cannot get
the value from getRemoteUser() because the user is blank as is indicated in the log below.
 ANY help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

> The URL that I am using to access my SCMIS virtual website is:  http://localhost/SCMIS/index.jsp
>
> In IIS I have the following:
>
> Default Web Site - Anonymous access checked and Integrated Windows authentication unchecked
> Jakarta - virtual web site and Anonymous access checked and Integrated Windows authentication
unchecked
> SCMIS - virtual web site and Anonymous access unchecked and Integrated Windows authentication
checked

> I have attached the entries in the log file that just happened:

I think the problem is right there, and in the worker mappings you
mentioned earlier :

 >> /examples/*=scmisWorker
 >> /examples/*.jsp=scmisWorker
 >> /examples/servlet/*=scmisWorker

Now in your logfile, you have :

[Mon May 24 10:10:02.781 2010] [8124:7912] [debug] jk_uri_worker_map.c
(850): Attempting to map context URI '/servlet/*=scmisWorker' source
'uriworkermap'
[Mon May 24 10:10:02.781 2010] [8124:7912] [debug] jk_uri_worker_map.c
(850): Attempting to map context URI '/*.jsp=scmisWorker' source
'uriworkermap'
[Mon May 24 10:10:02.781 2010] [8124:7912] [debug] jk_uri_worker_map.c
(863): Found a wildchar match '/*.jsp=scmisWorker'

Assuming the mappings above, then why is it trying to match
'/servlet/*=scmisWorker'
and
'/*.jsp=scmisWorker'
?
That does not fit.  Those mappings are not in your list above.

Again, I am no expert on IIS or on the Jk redirector in conjunction with
it, but my little finger tells me that there is something very wrong
somewhere.

I have the feeling that your problem is not really related to
authentication (or the lack of it). It is that there is some confusion
as to the proper setup of IIS and Tomcat together, and how IIS handles
"virtual websites".

Maybe we should restart from the beginning, like here :

When you look at the ...\Tomcat 6.0\webapps directory, what are the
sub-directories located just below it ?

And , just to gain time, out of these, which is the one that corresponds
to the application which /should/ be authenticated ?