tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Keeping tomcat up-to-date on linux
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 22:05:16 GMT
Hi.

I think in all of this, you may be overlooking one element : the
distributions you seem to be talking about are free, and made by
volunteers who donate their time.
That includes Tomcat.
There are other distributions which are not free, where the people
making them actually get paid for doing so, and for testing them
together with other packages, and for handling a whole concept of
"global releases".
For those you pay, and you are then entitled to complain (to them) if
they lag behind, or do not provide the tools you would wish for.

It is your choice to subscribe to one or the other.  As often mentioned
on this forum also, contributions are always welcome.

In my country, there is a proverb : if you receive a horse (as a
present, for free), then you should not check his teeth.

My apologies if I misinterpreted your post below.