tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Question on workers.properties file
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 12:31:51 GMT
savoym wrote:
> The issue is that we do not currently use web.xml to set the particulars for
> JCIFS.  A wrapper was built by our former team lead who has now left the
> company and Michael Allen had stated that we had to use the settings as he
> has it in his doc in order for JESPA to work.  As I stated previously, we
> cannot rip out the security code that is currently there and just replace it
> with the JESPA instructions because there is a lot more that the security
> package does than just wrap JCIFS it has built-in security components for a
> second layer of security against our legacy system.

Ok, that's more understandable then.
(And believe it or not, I am not a Jespa salesman ;-) )

I Rainer Jung is around, he may tell us if my assumptions are correct,
that IIS+redirector also sends the IIS user-id to Tomcat, if there is any.

If not, then tonight I might be able to send you a servlet filter to
dump the HTTP headers of the requests sent by IIS to Tomcat, to see if
there is a user-id in there somewhere.  Unless you have already checked
that ?