tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk file not found
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 22:49:36 GMT
Markus Mehrwald wrote:
>> By default JkMount entries are not inherited from the global server to
>> other VirtualHosts or between VirtualHosts. For the complete inheritance
>> rules, see: JkMountCopy.
>
> But why does it work with the VirtualHost for port 80?

It should not. But I don't know the details of how you have defined your
"main" host and your <VirtualHost> sections.

JkMount/JkUnMount are not supposed to be copied from the "main" section
into the <VirtualHost> sections, unless :

either :
a) The "main" host config contains a directive
JkMountCopy All

or:
b) The <VirtualHost> config(s) contain(s) a directive
JkMountCopy On

(a) above is supposed to copy them to *all* <VirtualHost> sections.
(**)
But maybe there is a subtle condition which causes this not to work if
you have configured the main section to Listen on two ports ?
Using a name-based <VirtualHost> for HTTPS (if that is what you are
doing) is a kludge anyway.  It only works because there is only one VH
defined for that port, and Apache defaults to it when it cannot match
the name.  Maybe that kludhe somehow interferes with the Jk mounts copy
mechanism. (I don't know, I haven't tried.)

(b) allows you to be selective about which VH inherits the mounts and
which not.

Anyway, try to use
JkMountCopy On
in each of the VirtualHost sections (and no JkMountCopy line in the main
configuration). That should always work.

Apart from that, and to figure out what is being sent by what and/or
where you are getting the 404 from, I suggest that you install a plugin
in your browser which allows you to examine the sequence of
request/responses that really happen.
(Firefox : HttpFox or LiveHttpHeaders; IE : Fiddler2)
An application may be returning a redirect response to the browser, with
a bad URL, and it may be when the browser tries to get to that
"replacement" URL that it gets the 404.

(**) Actually, it is more subtle.
JkMountCopy "exists", by default, in all VH, with a default value of "Off".
By setting "JkMountCopy On" in a VH, you make it copy the Jk mounts from
the main config.
By setting "JkMountCopy All" in the main host, you change the default of
JkMountCopy in the VH's, from "Off" to "On".
You can still then set "JkMountCopy Off" in one VH, to disable the copy
for that VH.