tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: set up tomcat for biopython
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 17:46:07 GMT
Silvio Tschapke wrote:
> I took a look at jython and actually I am trying to implement a java servlet
> which calls a python module with help of jython.
> But I am not sure how and if I can use Biopython inside my jython modules.

I do not know anything about jython (or python for that matter), but by
browsing around I found this, which may give you a clue as to the solution :
http://wiki.python.org/jython/UserGuide#embedding-jython

Sounds like an interesting animal anyway..
If I understand that thing right, this is a just-in-time compiler that
can compile Python programs and modules as Java bytecode, then run it as
a servlet.  Amazing what smart people can put together nowadays.