tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject [slightly OT] Re: Isapi_redirect.dll
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 12:40:35 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 05/07/2010 09:02 PM, Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX wrote:
>>
>> I ended up turning IIS off and now run my site using Tomcat only.
>> Everything seems to be working fine with just Tomcat serving up static
>> HTTP.  I don't even notice a difference.
>>

> Using isapi_redirect makes sense if you need to load balance
> several backends or merge Servlet and .NET technologies
> into the same app.
> People are also using it inside intranets for integrated security
> against domain controllers.

If this is the only reason for IIS, an alternative to do this directly
in Tomcat is available here :
http://www.ioplex.com

As a matter of fact, I sometimes use Tomcat + Jespa as a back-end to
Apache httpd, /solely/ for the purpose of authenticating Apache users
versus NTLM. IT's often easier to set up things that way, than trying to
set up NTLM authentication in Apache itself.