tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: error with jk_module
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 20:20:11 GMT
Dave,

I got your message 3 times, so I guess you sent it to the list and to me
as a copy and...
The list is enough, I get all of those.

Dave Filchak wrote:
> Actually, the server version for this instance is 2.0.52 and I have the
> following now in my config:
>
> LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so
>
> and when I test the config I get:
>
> API module structure `jk_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an
> Apache module DSO?

I have never seen that message before, so I'm guessing.

> I made sure I downloaded the .so for Apache 2.0.x so I think that is
> right.

It also has to be for the correct platform.  Did you say which one you
are using ? and did you check that the binary .so you downloaded matches
it ?

Actually, I would have expected Apache to crash nastily with a
segmentation fault if the module was for another platform. The message
above is nice and gentle.
But again, I'm guessing.

  I have a tomcat app running so I am wondering, do I have to shut
> it down before trying to restart the server or testing the config?
No. mod_jk is only at the Apache level, and the problem you are seeing
is at the Apache level.  It is not loading mod_jk, so it cannot be
talking to Tomcat yet.

> really need to restart the server because it was listening on all
> interfaces to port 443 and I needed to stop that happening. But I do not
> want to restart until I figure out why the hell I am getting this error.
> If I comment the LoadModule out, then it starts complaining about the
> JkWorkersFile and if I comment that, the the JkShmFile ... and on it
> goes. It is very annoying.

That's easy fix. Put all these Jk directives inside an <IfModule ..>
section. If you do not load the module (aka comment out the LoadModule
line), the rest will be ignored.
There are examples in the standard httpd.conf.