tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Log4j logging doesn't work when a web application is moved outside Tomcat/webapps directory
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 09:57:41 GMT
That was a nice and concise write-up, well-worth of an article in the
Tomcat FAQ/WIKI.
"How to setup Tomcat with 3 virtual hosts, each with its own homepage
and Manager (and other) applications, and its own logfiles".

My only minor remark :

Mark Eggers wrote:

> Finally for my setup, I added 127.0.0.1 foo and 127.0.0.1 bar to my hosts file in WINNT\system32\drivers\etc
(this is an upgraded Windows/2000 Professional machine).

> Upon starting up this mess, /***/ all three hosts were visible at localhost:8080, foo:8080,
and bar:8080 as you would expect.

At the /***/, I would insert "from a browser running on the same machine".
Nothing to do with Tomcat really, but there are still quite a number of
people out there confused by hostname lookup and IP routing stuff.