tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: changing tomcat-users.xml makes tomcat unresponsive
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 19:44:41 GMT
Hi.
I am not familiar with Ubuntu, but I am told it uses the same packages
as Debian Linux.
In such a case, Tomcat itself, the example apps, and/or the manager
applications, may be in 2 or 3 different packages, which you need to
each install.
Check with "apt-cache search tomcat" to make sure.
e.g.
# apt-cache search tomcat
tomcat5.5 - Java Servlet 2.4 engine with JSP 2.0 support
tomcat5.5-admin - Java Servlet engine -- admin & manager web interfaces
tomcat5.5-webapps - Java Servlet engine -- documentation and example web
applications