tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: The purpose of maxPostSize
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 14:06:22 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 02/05/2010 14:39, André Warnier wrote:
>
>> There exists a "FileUpload" module for that in the Apache commons
>> project (at http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/), but you have to
>> install it separately.
>> It would seem more natural to me if this module was an integral part of
>> Tomcat, but I suppose there are reasons why this is not so.
>
> As of Servlert 3.0, this is part of the Servlet API.

My mistake. I was apparently using an outdated version of the servlet
spec 3.0. In the one I found now, there is indeed a new section 3.2
about it.
In Tomcat 7 then ?
And what about maxPostSize then ? will it also apply ?

To the OP, I still recommend reading the User's Guide part of the
on-line FileUpload documentation above, because it provides a good
explanation and tips about multipart POSTs and file uploads.